Victoria Hospital is a government run hospital affiliated with Bangalore Medical College now renamed Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute. It is the largest hospital in Bangalore, India. Started by Shri Krishnaraja Wodeyar, the then Maharaja of Mysore in 1901, the hospital soon rose to be among the prominent hospitals in South India.
Emergency services are available 24 hours including traumatology and emergency surgery in the Mahabodhi Burns and Casualty block with a 24-hour blood bank. The burns department housed in the same building is among the best in Karnataka and is managed by the Plastic Surgery department.
The outpatient department housed in the Sir Putanna Chetty block has a pharmacy that supplies medicines free to poor patients. The main building houses the administrative offices and wards. The centenary building houses new wards and the nuclear medicine department with gamma camera and modern operation theatres. The radiology department is in the B.M. Srinivasaiah block. The E.N.T department is in the Venkateshwara Institute. A dharmashala on the hospital campus provides subsidized accommodation for patient’s companions.
Skin & STD
Visitors are allowed only during the following hours:
Morning 6-00 Am – 7-30 AM and Evenings 4-00 PM – 6-00 PM
Four major hospitals are attached to this institution:
Vani Vilas Women and Children’s Hospital
Minto Ophthalmic Hospital
Bowring & Lady Curzon Hospital
Bangalore – 560 002.
Tele Phone: 080 2670 3320
Tele Fax: 080 2670 3267
Website : http://www.bmcri.org/victoria_hosp.html