Most of the cancer patients cannot avoid chemotherapy being one of the effective cancer treatments. Yet, food can help you heal faster and make the process a little more bearable.
Chemotherapy Nutrition Tips for Cancer Patients
It is suggested that you eat gently on your chemotherapy day. Eating little segments gradually and methodically appear to work best. Abstain from skipping suppers on nowadays and eating greasy, oily or zesty nourishments.
What do I eat before going to chemotherapy?
Light, dull nourishments appear to work best. A few instances of decisions are:
- Plain or Fruited yogurt;
- Fresh fruit and cottage cheese;
- Poached egg and toast;
- Toasted bagel with a little measure of peanut spread;
- Cereals and milk;
- Chicken rice soup with saltine wafers.
Amid chemotherapy take a little, flat nibble with you. You can attempt the above sustenances and additionally nibble on low corrosive juices (apple, grape, and natural product nectars), fluid yogurts, organic products, for example, bananas, and saltines. Bring a water container and fill it with your most loved refreshment (evade acidic nourishments which might aggravate your stomach related tract).
Squeezes and enhancements as Ensure or Boost are typically accessible where you are accepting chemotherapy; anyway inquire as to whether these and some other sustenances are accessible. In the event that you don’t have a craving for eating amid the imbuement that is alright, yet recollect that you may feel better with eating little measures of tasteless sustenance and fluids.
Drink little sums each 30 minutes, as preferred.
What do I eat after chemotherapy and for the following couple of days?
- Eat little dinners and snacks for the duration of the day (go for 5-6 smaller suppers instead of 3 expansive suppers).
- Eat bring down fat, blander nourishments!
- Attempt colder or cool sustenances – these emit less scent and fragrance and are particularly imperative on the off chance that you feel queasy. Hot nourishments can have a progressively articulated scent, in this manner making a revultion certain sustenances.
- Drink liquids regularly—this will counteract lack of hydration and expel a portion of the results of the chemotherapy. Water is the best, yet there are different wellsprings of liquids, for example:
- – Apple and grape juice;
- – Natural product nectars;
- – Low-salt soup;
- – Clear soups;
- – Gatorade;
- – Popsicles and sherbert;
- – Gelatin;
- – Natural teas, for example, ginger and mint;
- – weak dark teas.
Take your anti-nausea medication as prescribed by your doctor.